RAUSCHENBERG DANCER EMERGENCY GRANTS
This program provides one-time grants of up to $5,000 to professional dancers in need, who have a dire financial emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic. “Dire financial emergencies“ include the lack or imminent endangerment of essentials such as housing, medicine/healthcare, utilities, and food. If you were displaced due to COVID, expenses to enable you to return to your working home base are eligible. You must present an urgent and critical need for emergency support in your application.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
• · Demonstrate recent and sustained activity as a professional dancer in any stage/performance style, including aerial, ballet, hip-hop, jazz, modern, tap, and traditional/folk. This is defined as being a paid dancer over the last three-four years in public-facing performances. Inactivity, or online/streaming activity, during COVID is eligible. Self-produced online presentations and/or performances shared solely through personal websites, Instagram or Facebook are not eligible. Your resume/bio should include: Title/production/event, company (if applicable), your position/role, location, date(s) for each engagement.
· Live in one of the 50 states, a tribal nation, a U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia on the grant deadline
· Be 21 years or older on the grant deadline
· Have adjusted gross annual income of $75,000 or lower for an individual, or $150,000 for joint filers, averaged over the last two federal tax returns
· Provide a W-9 with a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or EIN if you are funded
· Not be enrolled in a degree-seeking program
· Request expenses that have been/will be incurred in the U.S.
For more information visit:
Questions: [email protected]
The first step in applying is to determine your basic eligibility. To be eligible, you must be able to answer "Yes" to these statements. If you can, please continue to complete the application. If you cannot, you are not eligible to apply. Please see our list of other artist emergency resources at https://www.nyfa.org/online-resources/emergency-resources/.