Anonymous Was A Woman Emergency Relief Grant
Applications Open: Monday, April 6, 2020, 10:00 AM EST
Applications Close: Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 6:00 PM EST
Applicant Notification: By Thursday, April 30, 2020
Application requirements and further information please visit: https://www.nyfa.org/Content/Show/Anonymous-Was-A-Woman-Emergency-Relief-Grant
Questions? email: [email protected]
Scroll down the page for the link to the application form.
JGS Fellowship for Photography
2020 cycle of the JGS Fellowship for Photography is now open.
Applications close on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 11:59PM EST.
2020 Guidelines please visit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KHmuF_3Fua1VZxDZMizQ97_NMc94E1ea/view
For more information: https://www.nyfa.org/Content/Show/JGS-Fellowship-for-Photography
Contact us at: [email protected]
Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
Applications for the 2020 cycle are now open. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
2020 Guidelines and further information please visit: https://www.nyfa.org/Content/Show/Emergency-Grant-Application-Requirements
Questions? email: [email protected]
*Please note, Rauschenberg Emergency Grants do not cover lost wages. Please check NYFA's Emergency Grants page for COVID-19 emergency resources.
The Canadian Women Artists’ Award
2020 CYCLE WILL OPEN ON APRIL 14, 2020
Recharge Foundation Fellowship for New Surrealist Art
2020 CYCLE TO OPEN LATE APRIL 2020
NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship
2021 CYCLE WILL OPEN IN LATE SEPTEMBER 2020
Open to visual and media artists, and choreographers. If you aren’t sure if your artistic discipline fits within these guidelines, please contact the grant administrator.
- Open to artists who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents in the United States, District of Columbia, or U.S. Territories.
- Applicants must demonstrate current and ongoing activity in their artistic discipline/s.
- Applicants cannot be enrolled in any degree-seeking program.
- The fund provides one-time cash grants of up to $5,000 to cover expenses caused by one-time, unexpected medical or dental emergencies . Eligible expenses include, but are not limited to: hospital and doctor bills (including insurance co-pays); tests; physical/occupational therapy; prescription drugs specifically for the emergency medical condition; and emergency dental work.
- Grants cannot be used to cover expenses for non-emergency medical conditions; ongoing psychiatric treatment; regular dental check-ups or procedures; eyeglasses or standard vision care; elective surgery; non-medical expenses resulting from financial hardship; purchase of materials; loan repayment; purchase of insurance; or loss of property, even if the result of an emergency.
- Recipients can only receive one grant from the Rauschenberg Emergency Grants program in their lifetime.
- Funds go directly to the artist, not a medical provider, vendor, or any individual on the grantee’s behalf. Grant awards are routinely paid by check. Grantees with a Chase account can request an electronic funds transfer (ETF). Other grantees may receive an ETF and will be charged a $50 transaction fee, which cannot be paid by grant funds.
- Period covered: Expenses from six months prior to applying and/or projected six months into the future can be requested.
Applications are reviewed using two criteria:
- Demonstrated need
- Impact of funds to allow recipient to return to/continue making work
2020 Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 11:59PM ET
The JGS Fellowship for Photography is open to New York State photography artists, living and working anywhere in the following New York State regions:
- Western New York
- Finger Lakes
- Southern Tier
- Central New York
- North Country
- Mohawk Valley
- Capital District
- Hudson Valley, and
- Long Island
Ensure you meet all Eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be working in photography.
- Applicants can work in traditional and experimental photography or any form in which photography or photographic techniques are pivotal, if not exclusive.
- Applicants must be a current full-time resident of New York State and have lived full-time in one of the regions listed above for a minimum of 12 months at the time application’s close.
- Applicant must be at least 25 years of age at the time the application closes.
- Students in bachelor’s or master’s degree programs of any kind are not eligible to apply.
- All past recipients of any NYFA grant or Fellowship are eligible to apply.
- NYFA employees, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the above cannot apply.
Download a full copy of the 2020 guidelines here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KHmuF_3Fua1VZxDZMizQ97_NMc94E1ea/view