Canadian Women Artists' Award 20182018 Applications open:
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
2018 Application Deadlines:
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11:59PM
2018 Application Guidelines:
NYSCA/NYFA Artist FellowshipApplications for the 2018/19 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship cycle will open in Fall 2018.
Canadian Women Artists’ Award is a $5,000 grant designed to provide financial
support to an emerging or early career woman artist working in any discipline, and can be
used in any manner the recipient deems necessary to further their artistic goals. It
is supported by funding granted to NYFA by the Canadian Women's Club (CWC) of
New York as a way to continue its philanthropic work after it disbanded.
The Canadian Women Artists’ Award is open to women artists who meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Canadian citizen, and able to provide proof of citizenship with legal documentation upon receipt of the award.
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 35 before the application deadline.
- Must be a current resident of New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut.
- Must apply in only one of the eligible discipline categories.
- Must be the originators of the work, i.e. choreographers or playwrights; not awarded to interpretative artists such as dancers or actors.
- Must not be a previous recipient of the Canadian Women Artists’ Award.
- Must not be a NYFA employee, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists' Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the above.
Students in bachelor’s or master’s degree programs are eligible to apply
Eligible Discipline Categories are:
- Architecture/Environmental Structures/Design
- Digital/Electronic Arts
- Folk/Traditional Arts
- Interdisciplinary Work
- Nonfiction Literature
- Printmaking/Drawing/Book Arts
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11: 59PM
Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted and no exceptions will be made. We highly recommend that applicants complete their applications in advance of the deadline to allow time for work samples to upload and to avoid potential technical problems.
Applicants will receive an automatic response from Submittable once their application has been successfully received.