2021 Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 5:00PM EDT
The JGS Fellowship for Photography is open to New York State photography artists, living and working anywhere in the following New York State regions:
- Western New York
- Finger Lakes
- Southern Tier
- Central New York
- North Country
- Mohawk Valley
- Capital District
- Hudson Valley, and
- Long Island
Ensure you meet all Eligibility requirements:
- Must work in photography. Traditional and experimental photography or any form in which photography or photographic techniques are pivotal, if not exclusive is eligible.
- Need to be a current full-time resident of New York State and have lived full-time in one of the regions listed above for a minimum of 12 months at the time applications close.
- Must live in one of the following counties: Albany, Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Dutchess, Erie, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Genesee, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Montgomery, Nassau, Niagara, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Orange, Orleans, Oswego, Otsego, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Suffolk, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westchester, Wyoming, and Yates.
- Be at least 25 years of age at the time the application closes.
- Cannot be enrolled in a degree program of any kind.
- All past recipients of any NYFA grant or Fellowship are eligible to apply.
- Cannot be a past recipient of the JGS Fellowship for Photography
- Cannot be a NYFA employee, members of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists' Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the above.
Download a full copy of the 2021 guidelines here: https://www.nyfa.org/awards-grants/the-jgs-fellowship-for-photography/application-guidelines/