JGS Fellowship for Photography 2023
2023 Application Closes: Wednesday, June 14 at 5:00PM EDT
2023 Application Guidelines: Click Here
The JGS Fellowship for Photography is open to New York State photography artists, living and working anywhere in the following regions of New York State: Western New York, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Central New York, North Country, Mohawk Valley, Capital District, Hudson Valley, and Long Island. (Counties listed below in eligibility requirements)
Not open to artist currently living and working in New York City counties (Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Queens, Richmond (Staten Island))
- Must work in photography. Traditional and experimental photography or any form in which photography or photographic techniques are pivotal, if not exclusive is eligible.
- Need to be a current full-time resident of New York State and have lived full-time in one of the regions listed above for a minimum of 12 months at the time applications close.
- Must live in one of the following counties: Albany, Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Cayuga, Chautauqua, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Cortland, Delaware, Dutchess, Erie, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Genesee, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Livingston, Madison, Monroe, Montgomery, Nassau, Niagara, Oneida, Onondaga, Ontario, Orange, Orleans, Oswego, Otsego, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, St. Lawrence, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Suffolk, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westchester, Wyoming, and Yates.
- Be at least 25 years of age at the time the application closes.
- Students in bachelor’s or master’s degree programs of any kind are not eligible to apply.
- All past recipients of any NYFA grant or Fellowship are eligible to apply, except past recipients of the JGS Fellowship for Photography.
- Cannot be a NYFA employee, members of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists' Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the above.
Please direct any questions about the JGS Fellowship for Photography at [email protected]