The Barbara and Carl Zydney Grant for Artists with Disabilities will distribute unrestricted cash grants of $1,000 to artists with a disability who have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis. The program is open to visual, media, music, performing, and literary artists who live in New York City (five boroughs).
Visit NYFA's website for more information: https://www.nyfa.org/awards-grants/the-barbara-and-carl-zydney-grant-for-artists-with-disabilities/
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Applicants must identify as having a disability.
- Applicants need to be actively creating in visual, media, music, performing, or literary arts.
- Applicants need to provide documentation of a sustained commitment to their artistic practice from anytime in the past 4 years (2017, 2018, 2019 and/or 2020).
- Applicants must be 21 years or older on or before Tuesday, June 15, 2021.
- Applicants need to be current residents of New York City and have maintained residency since July 2020.
- Applicants can be past recipients of any of NYFA’s grant programs, including 2020/2021 COVID-19 Emergency Grants (such as: Anonymous Was a Woman, Maurice Sendak Foundation Emergency Grant, Tri-State Relief Fund to Support Non-Salaried Workers in the Visual Arts or Keep NYS Creating).
- Applicants do not need to be U.S. citizens but must be able to provide a W-9 with a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or EIN (after selection).
- Applicants cannot be an NYFA employee or NYFA Board member or NYFA Advisory Committee member, or an immediate family member Nor can they be an immediate family member of the Zydney Family.
Grant Launch: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Applications Open: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 10:00 AM EDT
Applications Close: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM EDT
Applicants Notified: Saturday, July 24, 2021
ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
Application Guidelines: https://www.nyfa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Webpage-Application-guidelines_-The-Barbara-and-Carl-Zydney-Grant-for-Artists-with-Disabilities-04_19.pdf
Hotline (Please call on Monday's from 2pm to 5pm EDT): 646-801-0632
Email: [email protected]