The Tri-State Relief Fund to Support Non-Salaried Workers in the Visual Arts will distribute one-time unrestricted one-time cash grants of $2,000 each to freelance, contract, or non-salaried Archivist, Art Handler, Artist/Fine Art Photographer’s Assistant, Cataloguer, Database Specialist, Digital Assets Specialist, Image Scanner/Digitizer, Registrar
In addition, this final cycle will also accept applications from freelance, contract, or non-salaried:
- Arts educators
- Arts publication editors, and
- Arts curators.
More information on these areas of work are listed in the FAQs.
For full guidelines, please visit: https://www.nyfa.org/awards-grants/tri-state-relief-fund-to-support-non-salaried-workers-in-the-visual-arts/
Applications open: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 10:00AM EDT
Applications close: Monday, December 14, 2020 at 11:59PM EDT
Applicants notified: Friday, January 15, 2021
WHO CAN APPLY?
Eligible Non-Salaried Workers in the Visual Arts must meet all of the following requirements:
- Documented loss of income, from cancelled work or opportunities anytime during the period of March 1, 2020 to December 14, 2020.
- Experienced dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- They are a current resident in the Tri-State area.
- They are 21 years of age or older.
- They can provide a W9 and SSN, ITIN or EIN.
- They are not an employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of NYFA, nor are they currently connected to The Willem de Kooning Foundation, the Helen Frankenthaler Foundation, Teiger Foundation, the Cy Twombly Foundation or the Jean and Louis Dreyfus Foundation (by employment or freelance work).
- They have not previously been awarded a relief grant from this fund, The Tri-State Relief Fund to Support Non-Salaried Workers in the Visual Arts .
Full guidelines and further information can be found on NYFA's website. Please read the webpage before applying.